Friday, November 18, 2011

A coupon story.....
Once upon a time, "couponing" was very easy.  Every week the drugstores gave away products free or with profit using your internet printed or manufacturer coupons from the Sunday newspaper.  Now, we are lucky to have one or two things free a week, and usually it's some strange supplement or something really useful like Preparation-H, seriously (no, not really) instead of shampoo, toothpaste, razors, and all the other HBA goodies I am use to getting for free or PROFIT.  Well, this week, the stars aligned and a local Walmart finally had the disposable Schick razors that are $1.97 each, and I still had my internet printed coupon for $6/2.  Nowadays, Walmart allows overage to cover other items in your basket, so I went to town with my four $6/2 coupons and my eight razors.  I also had $4/1 Banana Boat coupons to use, and I need to get a start on next year's sunscreen supply as this summers sunscreen sales were poor OR I didn't have the coupons required for that specific deal.  With these two problems, I used up all of my sunscreen supply this summer, and I needed some cheap sunscreen to start out next spring's beach trips.  These two particular products were $7.88 and $6.64 before coupons, so that ate into some of my overage from the Schick coupons.  I also purchased this lovely little outfit (marked $11.88, but rang up $9) for my Salvation Army Angel Tree recipient, and I had a total out of pocket of $9.58 after all coupons.  I will take 2 sunscreens, an outfit, and 8 packs of razors for that price......

No comments:

Post a Comment